- The screen dimensions at the Rotterdam Hall are 16:9 and in all other sessions rooms 4:3, so please carefully check on the conference programme where your presentation takes place, select the right setting for your presentation and then save it.
- The only accepted formats are PowerPoint or PDF.
- The use of your own laptop during your presentation is NOT possible. A technician with a computer (MS-Windows operating system) in the back of the room controls the presentations where you will handle a remote control to step through the slides.
- If you are showing a video, please make sure to embed this in your presentation.
General tips for your slides
- Keep visuals clear and simple.
- Use a minimum of words for text and title frames. Five to eight lines per frame and five to seven words per line are the maximum – less is better.
- Avoid the overuse of too many colours, patterns and graphics in one frame. In particular, mind the colour-blind.
- Contrasting colours work best. A good rule of thumb: use a dark background colour with lighter colour for text and graphics.
- Avoid intensely bright or saturated colours that compete with the text.
- Keep colour scheme consistent throughout your presentation. Changing colours and type styles can be very confusing and distract from your message.
- Use standard Windows fonts only, 24 font sizes can be read easily.
At the congress
All speakers are requested to upload their presentation via a USB device in the Speaker Ready Room at least three hours before the start of their session. If you are presenting in one of the morning sessions, it is recommended to upload your presentation in the Speaker Ready Room the day before your presentation.
It is not possible to upload your presentation in the session room, only in the Speaker Ready Room. There are no facilities to use own laptops in the session rooms.
The Speaker Ready Room is located in the Captain’s Lounge and will be opened on the following days and hours:
Mon 21 May: 15.30 – 18.00
Tue 22 May: 07.30 – 17.00
Wed 23 May: 08.00 – 14.00
Thu 24 May: 08.00 – 16.00
Fri 25 May: 08.00 – 14.00
In the session room
- Please make sure to be in the session room at least 10 minutes before the start of your session.
- In each session room, there will be a technician and a room attendant available to assist you.
- Introduce yourself to the session leader and room attendant and familiarize yourself with the general session arrangements.